Is your home littered with clutter? Most people have clutter problems and contrary to popular belief this is not a character trait. Being disorganized is one thing. Being clutter free is another. If you live in a space that’s filled with clutter it can affect your state of mind significantly.
Regardless of the size of your home, being clutter free will clear up valuable space that you can either use for something else or just have “empty” to improve the overall feel of the space. Having everything cleared away can do wonders for how a space feels.
Living in a small apartment or a small home can be incredibly challenging. Keeping things in place and out of the way either needs a lot of diligent work or it needs some smart solutions. This is where these smart little ideas come in.
These de-clutter ideas are not only inexpensive but it actually works. By making better use of the space you already have you can get so much more out of it.
Its a simple way to immediately improve your living spaces and remove stress from your life.
You don’t need to be a super organized person to de-clutter your home effectively. You simply need to make use of a few of these storage ideas to see a big difference.
Whether its caps (see number 14) or keys and cables (see number 19) these de-clutter tips are not only functional but looks really amazing. Try them out today and make the change!
1. Use a kitchen lid rack to organize your clutches.
You can buy them for under $5 and they fit nicely into any cupboard or even on an open shelf . You can fit almost any clutch into them and the coating in the frames won’t damage any of your clutches.
2. A pegboard is perfect for hanging baskets and other things.
Peg boards are incredibly versatile and they are not just for the garage. Here’s a simple idea for your kitchen.
3. Recycle wet wipe containers to store plastic grocery bags.
Wet wipe containers are usually just thrown away. Use it to keep plastic bags neatly stuffed into the container and ready for use.
4. Use pant hangers for tall boots
Keeping boots organized is one thing. Storing them to retain their shape is another. Now you can handle both problems by simply hinging them in your closet.
5. Use crown molding to organize shoes.
Crown mouldings are very cheap and if you buy only a few meter strips you can put it to good use in your closet space. Its perfect for hanging all those heels.
6. Use a spice rack for nail polish or essential oils.
Spice racks are perfect for keeping all your nail polish organized. You can even paint or spray it to add some bling to your make-up space.
7. Velcro to store and organize your remote controls.
Always looking for the remote control? With TV’s Xboxes, DVD, sound system ec. there’s just so many of them. Velcro makes it easy and keeps it neat inside a TV cabinet.
8. Magnet to Store Tweezers
Always looking for tweezers in your bathroom? Why not glue a magnet inside the bathroom vanity!
9. Baskets Under Cabinets
A lot of cabinet space is poorly used. You can attached sliding buckets underneath cabinets and use them like storage drawers.
10. Store wrapping paper in your closet ceiling.
Wrapping paper can be messy to store. This is clean and uses a space that would otherwise never be used.
11. Keep your Christmas Decorations Organized
Every year its the same story…untangling Christmas decorations. Simply put 2 sticks through a bucket and string the decorations through the sticks before placing them in the bucket and putting on the lid.
12. Use wall space to organize items in your closet.
If storage spaces are neat and organized it can become part of your room decoration. Simply frame it and organize it.
13. Shoe bags to storage paper towels.
This is easy to get to and keeps it dry and organized.
14. Shower curtain rings and a hanger to store baseball caps.
An easy way to store multiple caps and you can even just hand it in the cupboard.
15. Making the most of a small shower…
Small showers can be tricky with no space to put your shampoos and soaps. With these cheap hooks you can simply hand them on the shower rail.
16. A fruit basket in the bath.
If you have lots of toys and bath products your bathroom can quickly look like a war zone. By hanging a fruit basket you can keep it all together and make it look good as well.
17. Use dead corner spaces
Small corner spaces are often not used. With a simple rail it can become a useful “open cupboard”
18. PVC pipes to organize gardening tools.
Cut PVC pipes can keep even the messiest garden shed looking neat and tidy.
19. Use LEGOs to keep your desk and other areas organized.
If your kids outgrew their Lego, its time to put it to use again. Use it to organize keys or even keep your cables and rechargers close by.
20. Store balls using bungee cords.
Keeping balls organized can be a challenge. This simple solution will save space and ensure that you can always find them.
21. A wooden craft store rack to store headbands.
A simple way to keep them all close together.
22. Turn a pegboard into a box.
Simple glue pegboards on to a square frame and use both the box and the pegs to store different things together.
23. Use a Magazine holder to store curling irons, brushes, and a blowdryer.
Simply attach it to the inside of your bathroom cupboard to keep it all neatly together.
24. DIY Toothbrush Holder
Having toothbrushes laying on the vanity can be unhygienic. This simple solution is also very practical.
25. Maximize your closet storage by using wonder hangers.
If you are not using wonder hangers yet then you should. You can at least double your closet space.
26. Organize cords using clamps.
Having cables slip off the desk is a real pet peeve for many people. Stop it with some regular paper clips.
27. Place your washer and dryer on top of a shelf.
Storage space in a laundry is always an issue. This clever idea really works wonders.
28. Attach a shoe holder on the inside of your bathroom cabinet to store supplies.
There’s never enough storage space in the bathroom!
29. Use a wine rack to organize purses.
Yet another great idea to “display” your purses and keep it nice and neat at the same time.
30. A wine rack can also be used as a towel holder.
A beautiful way to keep towels in your bathroom.
31. A shelf over the bathroom door
The space over doorways are almost never utilized. Simply place a shelf over your bathroom door or some additional storage space.
32. Use hooks to create an useful foil dispenser.
Are you always looking for the foil or baking paper? Add this inside your kitchen cupboards and you will never have the problem again.
33. Need a place to air dry your clothes?
If you have enough ceiling space in your laundry then this works incredibly well.
34. Wall fixed baskets to store books.
Who said books need to be on a shelf?
35. Organize Tupperware lids inside cupboard.
Always looking for those Tupperware lids?
36. Hang spray bottles under sink with a tension rod.
If you place everything on shelves you can quickly run out of space. This is a smart DIY fix to add some extra storage space under the sink.
37. Magazine holder for kitchen storage
Magazine holders can have many great uses in the kitchen.
38. Pipe fittings can be used to hold your hair styling tools.
Keep all your hair tools neatly organized with pipe fittings.
39. Use empty bottles as bracelet holders.
Use empty bottles creatively to keep your bagles organized.
40. Need space to store firewood inside?
Turn an old shelf into a piece of art by placing firewood inside. It also keeps it dry and ready to use.
41. Magnetic strip under cabinets to store your spices.
Having spices close by is not only handy can look great in any kitchen.
42. Ice cube trays to store jewellery or crafts.
A great way to store items that can get lost very easily.